[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - New member ... raising fry

New member ... raising fry

Discussions about sexual behavior, mating, spawning, eggs, hatching, fry, and so on.

New member ... raising fry

Postby Dexterbaker » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:00 pm

Hello everybody I have been using information from this forum for quite some time so I have decided to join !
I have been keeping the CPD ever since I seen it in PFK and found it at my LFS ,recently I decided to increase my population and this little fish is hard to find in northern Ontario , years ago I had some fry survive in my tank so recently I have started a breeding tank and now I am raising new fry I have about 10 free swimmers and new hatchlings found each day Any tips on growing out these fry is much appreciated I hope I can help contribute to this forum and the future of the CPD in the hobby
Dexterbaker

Re: New member ... raising fry

Postby BallAquatics » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:34 am

Hi Dexterbaker, welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your spawning success.

Dennis
BallAquatics
Site Admin

Re: New member ... raising fry

Postby Dexterbaker » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:14 pm

Here is a update on my CPD breeding venture, I now have an unknown amount of fry 50+ some are 1/4 inch or longer my breeding tank is the glass from a fluval ebi kit 7.9 gallon it has some fine sand in the foreground this helped me collect the fry each day , I would lift the spawning mops off the bottom and the tiny fry beneath contrasted from the sand so I could collect them and place them in a breeding. net many times while collecting the fry I would also get eggs I got a good look at the fry in each stage of life. With only 1 pair of CPD I was collecting between 5-10 fry (non swimming ) each day the two CPD were removed when my breeding net was full of free swimming fry and now they have the planted tank to themselves they also seem to be growing better and feeding on natural inforza .

happy holidays to all the fishkeepers out there !

Dexterbaker

Return to Breeding