[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Disaster

Disaster

Miscellaneous topics not covered under any existing categories.

Disaster

Postby altaaffe » Wed May 21, 2008 3:29 pm

I've been away in Canada for 3 weeks (live in UK) and disaster struck on my 50g planted tank. Something wnet wrong with the CO2 setup a couple of days after I left and a full 2Kg bottle of CO2 was dumped into the water in a matter of hours. My wife informed me that the fish went spiralling all over the place and all 30 CPDs ended up in the top corner near the filter output.

Fortunately, I have several large tanks in the house and she put all the CPDs into the small fish community with the Ottos & Amano Shrimp being placed into a fry tank that was kept ready until she could drive off the excess CO2. Of course with loads of CO2 & no shrimps algae appeared and went off the scale with many of my delicate plants now suffering without CO2 for almost 3 weeks.

Thankfully though, the only casualty was a juvenile Otto which never recovered (and the plants of course).
altaaffe

Postby celestialdude » Thu May 22, 2008 1:56 am

Whew.... good disaster recovery from the wife there. Thankfully the CPDs are all OK!!!
celestialdude

Postby atlantis_child » Thu May 22, 2008 7:16 pm

Sucks about the plants and otto. Glad your galaxies are ok. :(

Now in a shamless thread jack (I didn't really want to start a new thread)

I just lost half of my due to an Ich infestation in my tank.

All it takes is 1 little neon with a spot on his nose...

And then a month later when it finally clears I'm left with less than half my fish total. :cry:

I lost:

3 pygmy catfish
2 (purchased with the neons) whiteclouds
3 (2 new and iched up neons)
1 otto
2 or 3 juvi dwarf platies
5 galaxies

I have left:
1 whitecloud
1 neon tetra (tough bugger!)
1 juvi dwarf platy
1 otto
1 pygmy catfish
betta
5 galaxies

The strangest thing happened with the ich. My betta in the other tank got ich too, out of the blue. He was the only one to get it. I put him in the tank being treated in a breeder net box, but when he got worse and worse he got the 5 gallon to be treated in.

He was totally covered and not moving, but made it through. Then had a little fin rot ( :roll: ) but is fine now.

Totally awesome little guy. 8)

- Atlantis
My Corys: 3 Green Gold, 1 Bronze, 2 Albino, 1 Melanitius, 2 Metae, 1 Elegans, 1 Panda, 2 Peppered)
wow, 13...it's been a while since I counted them up... (And yes, they all have names ;) )
atlantis_child

Postby altaaffe » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:44 pm

Well it's been a few weeks & with things stabilised all fish are back in their rightful homes & the plants have started to recover. The Glossos is slowly coming back after looking dead and I've even got signs that the hairgrass is coming back after it looked like it had disappeared.

and I even like looking at the tank when it's gone dark
altaaffe

Postby celestialdude » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:58 pm

I see you have some "moon lights" for the night lighting, nice effect!

What's the name of the plant that you have mostly on the bottom? The one with spiky leaves fanning in a circle?
celestialdude

Postby altaaffe » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:36 pm

altaaffe

Postby celestialdude » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:43 pm

celestialdude

Postby altaaffe » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:09 am

altaaffe

Postby celestialdude » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:30 am

celestialdude

Postby altaaffe » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:05 pm

altaaffe

Return to Miscellaneous