[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - difrents between male i female???

difrents between male i female???

Background, history of the species, identification, sexing, etc.

difrents between male i female???

Postby viper_miszcz » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:07 pm

hello:D. do you know maybe some differents between both sexes, i can't find any information about distinguishing male from female
thx for answering:)
viper_miszcz

Postby chr15_8 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:54 pm

chr15_8

Postby atlantis_child » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:01 pm

My Corys: 3 Green Gold, 1 Bronze, 2 Albino, 1 Melanitius, 2 Metae, 1 Elegans, 1 Panda, 2 Peppered)
wow, 13...it's been a while since I counted them up... (And yes, they all have names ;) )
atlantis_child

Postby albatross » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:01 pm

albatross

Postby L777 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:21 pm

Even though the males are brighter and bolder overall, the kicker for me is the anal fins: the third page of the PDF article Atlantis refers to has great close-ups of the adult male and female colo(u)ration pattern. I have six males and three females, and despite fairly substantial variation in the males' anal fin patterns (some straight black lines, some wavy, some nearly checkerboard), the females' anal fins are remarkably less colorful, with at least the bottom half clear rather than black or red (though there is some red color on the upper portion of the fin). I haven't personally observed "gravid spots" - such as are common to see in female live-bearing guppies for example - in my females CPDs' egg-bulging white bellies, although I see others here who say they have seen such.

Here's hoping you've got both "flavors" among your lot,
- Dean
Dean
9 adult (F0) CPDs; over 125 fry
L777

Postby ste12000 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi Viper, i think everyones answered your question so i would just like to say welcome to the forum and i hope you stick around...
ste12000

Postby fishmode » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:00 pm

For me, my fish are rather dull. Actually, they are a lot dull! Slowly, the males are attaining their full colour and the females are continuing to be very pale. Because the females are very pale, I can recognize their "gravid" spots. It's very easy to spot them. However, the non-dominant males are often in the "pale shade," the really difference I can make are the sight coloration in the anal fin.

Hopefully, these are just young fish and they've still some color to be expected.

-David
fishmode

Postby Luke* » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:46 am

Hi there.. some pics I took recently:

HTH
Luke*

Postby celestialdude » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:45 pm

celestialdude

Postby Luke* » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:08 am

Luke*

Postby xanderman » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:47 am

xanderman