[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Compatible tank mates?

Compatible tank mates?

Background, history of the species, identification, sexing, etc.

Compatible tank mates?

Postby shift » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:36 pm

I currently have 12 Adult CPD's and about 15 fry in the works (hopefully more soon)

I have been thinking of getting a large tank (55+) and was thinking of doing arms of small fish.

What are some other nano fish that would go well with CPD's?

The few that i have seen with potential so far are:
Scarlet Badis (Dario dario)
Chilli/blue micro rasboras
emerald rasboras

Any other suggestions or known cpd buddies to add to the list?
shift

Re: Compatible tank mates?

Postby shift » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:25 pm

No other known compatible tank mates? (ideally shrimp safe).

Do you guys have yours in a species or community tank?
shift

Postby BallAquatics » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:51 pm

I keep around 20 different types of danio and most of them are in species tanks. I would think CPD's would work well with any small non-aggressive fish.

They are adult shrimp safe, but they will eat all the baby shrimp they can find... at least mine always did when I was keeping shrimp.

Dennis
BallAquatics
Site Admin

Postby shift » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:06 am

Thanks Dennis,

Ill stick to small danios and rasboras
shift

Postby Angelcasta77 » Fri May 10, 2013 4:47 am

I wonder if they would go well with Honey Gouramis?
Angelcasta77

Postby MChambers » Fri May 10, 2013 9:17 pm

Dwarf rosy loaches are found in the same locations as CPDs. (I'm getting some tomorrow.)
MChambers

Postby robeclay » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:29 pm

I keep mine in a tank with Zebra danios, white clouds, gold white clouds, and tinwini danios. I keep three amano shrimps and a small bristlenose pleco in the tank as well to control algae growth. And I have three silver hatchets and three marble hatchets in the tank. The tank is planted so it provides hiding places if the CPDs get nervous, however they usually will school with the other fish. They are much feistier than I had read online and get along fine with the other fish.
robeclay

Postby BallAquatics » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Hi robeclay, welcome to the forum! Sounds like a nice tank you've got there.

Hey MChambers, how did the Dwarf rosy loaches work out?

Dennis
BallAquatics
Site Admin

Postby MChambers » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:58 pm

MChambers

Postby paperflowers11 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:34 pm

I had a betta with mine in a 10 gallon tank, and dwarf cory catfish, glass shrimp, and of course snails.
paperflowers11

Return to Basic Information