[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Found some in Maryland - USA

Found some in Maryland - USA

Commercial sources for this fish.

Found some in Maryland - USA

Postby wjcpd » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:34 pm

I went to my local fish store, House of Tropicals, in Glen Bernie, Maryland on Jan 3. They had a tank full of juvenile CPDs for $2.98 each. I estimate there were at least 150 of them. They were just starting to show a bit of orange in the fins. I felt like a 6 year old in a candy store. I left with 12. I kept thinking about how lucky I was and I went back the next day and got another 12. I hope I can breed them.

I had about 15 adults around a 1 1/2 years ago and they slowly passed. I did manage to see a few fry from those, but they also either passed or got eaten. I never expected to see fry and was amazed to see just how tiny they are.

I will be paying extra attention to these new gems.
wjcpd

Postby BallAquatics » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:11 pm

Thanks for the info wjcpd, and welcome to the site.

There's a wealth of info on here about spawning cpd's and rearing the fry. Best of luck with your new fish!

Dennis
BallAquatics
Site Admin

Return to Suppliers