[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Just found some in Calgary, Alberta

Just found some in Calgary, Alberta

Commercial sources for this fish.

Just found some in Calgary, Alberta

Postby webgirl74 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:11 pm

webgirl74

Postby Tom2006 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:08 pm

Tom2006

Postby BallAquatics » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:52 am

BallAquatics
Site Admin

Postby webgirl74 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:18 pm

[quote="Tom2006"]You'll be very pleased when they hopefully start to breed for you! Superb fish...one of my favs!![/quote]

I've been looking for these fish ever since seeing a pic of them on a planted tank site. I'm not looking to breed them necessarily, but do you know if they breed well when there are other fish in the tank? I have a batch of 5 dwarf neon rainbows in the tank as well. All fish seem to be fine with eachother, but the rainbows are quite a bit more active.
webgirl74

Postby BallAquatics » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:01 pm

They will most surely spawn, but you probably won't see any fry. :cry:

CPD's like most Danios, are notorious egg and/or fry eaters. With other fish in the tank as well, the chance of surviving fry is pretty slim.

Dennis
BallAquatics
Site Admin

Postby webgirl74 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:08 pm

[quote="ballpc"]They will most surely spawn, but you probably won't see any fry. :cry:

CPD's like most Danios, are notorious egg and/or fry eaters. With other fish in the tank as well, the chance of surviving fry is pretty slim.

Dennis[/quote]

Yeah, I kinda figured as much. I do have a couple of empty 10 gallon tanks that I used to use as fry grow out tanks for cichlids, so I could potentially set one of those up as a CPD only tank and throw in a few plants and see how that goes. Worse comes to worse, I can always put them back in my 20 gallon or in the 55 that I'm in the process of setting up.
webgirl74

Postby BallAquatics » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:34 pm

Well the best of luck with whatever you decide to do! They are really cool fish if kept in a species only tank, or in a community tank with other fish. I've got some set-up both ways and like both set-ups equally well.

Dennis
BallAquatics
Site Admin

Postby mdfa.ca » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:36 pm

mdfa.ca

Postby Tom2006 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:24 pm

Tom2006

Return to Suppliers