[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - approaching shops

approaching shops

Commercial sources for this fish.

approaching shops

Postby chr15_8 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:25 pm

when my fry get bigger i will probably sell my fry on here other forums etc but will also hope to swap them for credit at the local fish shops

my main concern is my age as im only 17 and looks 15 lol

however how should i go about it?
take pictures of the fish (at a sellable age)?
who should i speak to?
would chain stores such as maindenhead aquatics be interested?

chris
chr15_8

Postby atlantis_child » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:14 pm

Age is my concern too. I'm only 18... :) But I look and act older.

If I ever get fry (waiting, waiting, waiting...) and grow them up I plan to go to smaller stores, as they are more likely to take amatuer-raised fish than big stores I think.

I would phone first, ask to talk to the manager (or whoever is in charge of the fish-buying). I'd ask them if they sell Galaxies. If they do, I'd ask if they are wild-caught. If they say yes, I'd tell them their habitat is being rapidly destroyed (if they don't already know). If they do know but don't care I'd tell them that I find that very unethical and probably hang up on them and say I'll never shop there. :evil:

If they did know and feel guilty about it or if they didn't know, I'd offer to sell them my fishies at a remarkably lower price than those they buy elsewhere (plus mine would be less stressed from travel, and I'd drop them off myself). I'd rather be paid in cash or if nessesary, store credit.

Taking pictures of the fish in your aquarium when they're looking really nice would probably be a really good thing.

Anyway, that's my plan if my fish ever stop flirting and get around to the spawning thing...
atlantis_child

Postby ste12000 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:06 pm

Don't let your age concern you.. be confident, if they realise you know what your talking about and are producing fully coloured good specimins they should take them. I have 3 local shops one of which is a maidenhead aquatics (widnes), They only give credit for other fish, not dry goods. The other shop will pay cash but depending on species pay about a quarter of the full retail price, so if they sell for £2 each only expect 50p.
Dont get ripped off though as there wont be to many people breeding these in numbers so try and sell privately if possible for a decent price.
Iv just paid £3 each for 6 females and still think iv got a bargain.
Good luck.
ste12000

Postby chr15_8 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:51 am

cheers

i will be happy to get 50p to be honest

also i think i paid £4 each but i have to say they are worth it

thanks
chris
chr15_8

hi

Postby krib cichlid » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:33 pm

I just turned 15 and i sell fish fry to a shop all the time.
krib cichlid

Postby Moss Man » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:07 pm

Why does age make any difference?

I'm planning on buying the celestial Pearl Danios from my LFS (whom which the owners I know very well) and then when/if I produce fry give them some fish for credit as well as a few other local shops.

I'm only 14, and I've given fish to LFS a few times before.
Moss Man

Postby chr15_8 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:12 pm

chr15_8

Postby L168 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:09 pm

L168

Postby Crazedpuffer » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:46 pm

Crazedpuffer

Postby atlantis_child » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:39 pm

My Corys: 3 Green Gold, 1 Bronze, 2 Albino, 1 Melanitius, 2 Metae, 1 Elegans, 1 Panda, 2 Peppered)
wow, 13...it's been a while since I counted them up... (And yes, they all have names ;) )
atlantis_child

Postby chr15_8 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:04 pm

chr15_8

Postby ste12000 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:22 pm

ste12000

Postby L168 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:24 am

:shock: me too, ive got kids at that age

Mfg Peter
L168

Postby atlantis_child » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:46 pm

Hey guys, check out this thread for posting ages so as not to clutter this one. :)

http://www.celestialpearldanio.com/view ... =1660#1660

- Atlantis
My Corys: 3 Green Gold, 1 Bronze, 2 Albino, 1 Melanitius, 2 Metae, 1 Elegans, 1 Panda, 2 Peppered)
wow, 13...it's been a while since I counted them up... (And yes, they all have names ;) )
atlantis_child

Return to Suppliers