[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Celestial Pearl Danio Reproduction

Celestial Pearl Danio Reproduction

Discussions about sexual behavior, mating, spawning, eggs, hatching, fry, and so on.

Celestial Pearl Danio Reproduction

Postby spark » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:48 pm

I'm trying to reproduce the fish. I put them in a 7-8 litre aquarium, reduced the temperature to 21-22 degrees Celsius and feed them with frozem artemia. At the bottom of the aquarium there are two tiles with moss. I put 3 female and one male fish. How can I realize when they have thrown the caviar and do I have to do anything else to make them reproduce?
spark

Re: Celestial Pearl Danio Reproduction

Postby BallAquatics » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi spark, welcome to the forum.

I generally leave my breeders for a week and then pull them from the tank. It can be almost impossible to tell when they have spawned.

Best of luck with your breeding project!

Dennis
BallAquatics
Site Admin

Postby spark » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:45 pm

I've uploaded photos of the aquarium where I breed Celestrial Pearl Danio. Do I have to put more plants because my first attempt was not successful.

The Java moss is on plates.

Here are the fish in the big aquarium.

spark

Postby BallAquatics » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:56 pm

I would be very worried that the power filter will eat any fry that hatch. They are tiny... like eye lashes.

Dennis
BallAquatics
Site Admin

Postby spark » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:44 am

Will apply this filter. Other plants Do I need to put?
spark

Postby BallAquatics » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:56 pm

I think once your moss bushes up a bit, you should be good to go. Maybe if your lucky you water temperature will drop closer to 70F with the power filter out of the tank too. Best of luck!

Dennis
BallAquatics
Site Admin

Postby Liud21 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:00 pm

What you should do is run down to your local "Subway" the sandwich shop, grab some straws. Go home attach it to an air line then siphon the moss every 2 days. Just make sure the siphoned water is in that container/pitcher you have in that photo. Take a lamp and angle it from the side of the pitcher near the bottom so the light cuts across the bottom. If there is any eggs, they will appear as little clear marbles with a yolk that is clear yellowish on the inside. Then do as you please with the eggs.
Liud21

Return to Breeding