[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - When to move fry into main tank.

When to move fry into main tank.

Discussions about sexual behavior, mating, spawning, eggs, hatching, fry, and so on.

When to move fry into main tank.

Postby helpfish » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:13 am

Hi.
First of all I would like to thank everyone here who participate on this forum. Im Danish and there is no Danish site about CPD. After a lot of reading here I tried to give my CPD a helping hand to make a new generation and in my second try I got around 43 new fry. They are now around 6-7 weeks old and there are still 39 left. Of different reasons I need to get these fry back to my main tank (around 35 gallons with only CPD and ancistrus). I like to now how soon I can do this? I could put in a bit of moss with them.
helpfish

Re: When to move fry into main tank.

Postby BallAquatics » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi helpfish, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your spawning success!

Your fry can go back in with the adults once they are big enough that the adults can't eat them. That's probably around .25 inches long. CPD's are pretty smart as to what they can fit into their mouths and don't chase the young ones around once they are too big to be seen as food.

Dennis
BallAquatics
Site Admin

Re: When to move fry into main tank.

Postby helpfish » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:44 am

Thanks for the advice, Dennis.
Things went just fine. They were big enough to move to main tank and now they are almost 3/4 size of adults and just got sold. Felt a bit empty so I just got another 60 fry. I love this fish :)
helpfish

Return to Breeding