[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - 30 small at first attempt:)

30 small at first attempt:)

Discussions about sexual behavior, mating, spawning, eggs, hatching, fry, and so on.

30 small at first attempt:)

Postby mingus77 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:38 pm

Hi!
I just followed some of the tips here. Made a dirty aquarium with a air filter and a little java moss. I didn´t have much moss so I made a mop to with some yarn.
I also had some duckweed and some plants to make the CPD more comfertable.
I took 5 fish, well fed, 3 girls and 2 boys and put them in the tank for 5 days.
Then I waited and waited for some days, I didn´t see any small ones. But then suddenly one day there were about 30 swimming around there.

I´m trying to breed Amano shrimps too, and I must say this was super easy!

A big smile here, must do that one more time, and then one more..and so on:)

Thanks!
mingus77

Re: 30 small at first attempt:)

Postby BallAquatics » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi Mingus, welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your spawning success.

Dennis
BallAquatics
Site Admin

Postby mingus77 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:56 pm

Beside of my intended breeding project with the CPD, I've had some few fry showing up in my tank with 10 amanos and 12 adult CPD. These fish like to make babies! I guess most of the fry got eaten, but at least 5 (har to tell because of heavy planting) has survived.
F-u-n-!!!
mingus77

Postby mingus77 » Thu May 17, 2012 4:52 pm

Just netted out the fry. It was 46(!!) not 30:)
mingus77

Postby BallAquatics » Thu May 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Hey that's cool Mingus. Thanks for the update. After 45+ years of keeping fish, a new batch of baby fish always make me smile.

Dennis
BallAquatics
Site Admin

Postby mingus77 » Sat May 19, 2012 10:49 am

Had to film those little ones. The sizes are from 5mm to about over 1.5cm. Just one of the 46 have started to get a red tail. Sweet!
Just a small clip though.

mingus77

Postby Jiinx » Sat May 19, 2012 6:31 pm

how big are your tanks mingus?
Jiinx

Postby mingus77 » Mon May 21, 2012 2:57 pm

I used a 80 liter tank and filled it half full (about 20cm?) with water. I put some waste from other aquariums and old water in it hoping to get som infusories or something to grow while the egg hatched. Also used a airfilter.
I'm trying without my black wool uarn mop this time, but I think a big mop is a hit if you don't have loads of javamossish plants.
mingus77

Postby mingus77 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:48 am

mingus77

Return to Breeding