[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Is Panacur C safe to use in fry tanks for hydra elimination?

Is Panacur C safe to use in fry tanks for hydra elimination?

Discussions about sexual behavior, mating, spawning, eggs, hatching, fry, and so on.

Is Panacur C safe to use in fry tanks for hydra elimination?

Postby raven_wilde » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:44 pm

So I know that Panacur C is safe to use in fish and shrimp tanks to eliminate hydra, but what about in fry tanks? I've also seen flubendazole recommended as a hydra solution. Has anyone ever used these?

I ask because I just saw an itty bitty CPD fry stung and snatched up by a hydra right in front of me and it was horrible. I've gone on a smooshing rampage but I'd really like to eliminate the little buggers once and for all.
raven_wilde

Re: Is Panacur C safe to use in fry tanks for hydra eliminat

Postby BallAquatics » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Sorry to hear about your fry...

Back when I used to keep lots of freshwater dwarf shrimp I used it to get rid of some planaria. I can't remember just what it was that I used, but it was ordered on-line, I think from Amazon. Some sort of powder that had the desired chemicals. The powder was hard to get to dissolve and I used just the tiniest amount for a 10 gallon tank.

If I remember correctly, it kills hydra quicker than the planaria. You might do a quick search on some of the shrimp related sites for the best information. As to how it would affect the fry... haven't a clue. Sorry.

Dennis
BallAquatics
Site Admin

Re: Is Panacur C safe to use in fry tanks for hydra eliminat

Postby raven_wilde » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:14 pm

Just an update on this. I did end up treating my fry tank with panacur and it did not seem to hurt the fry or the shrimp that live in the tank. At least not that I noticed.

Just to be on the safe side though, I am setting up a new grow out tank this week and I think I am going to treat it with the panacur while it cycles so then its all set and hydra free before I even get fry going in it.
raven_wilde

Return to Breeding