[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Getting ready, what food?

Getting ready, what food?

Discussions about food, diet and nutrition for this fish.

Getting ready, what food?

Postby fish_4_all » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:16 am

Well this is my first time trying to keep such a small fish but I figured I would give them a try as they are really colorful and seem to be all the rage.

Here is what I have:
Vinegar Eels, Grindal worms, Wardleys flakes, shrimp pellets, algae wafers, Terta color with Cyclop-eeze, fruits, veggies.

Plan to get:
Decapsulated brine shrimp eggs (non-hatching), micro/banana worms, , and whatever else that might be highly recommended.

Am I missing anything from the original list I need before getting the fish? Will the getting list cover breeding, fry and adults?

I appreciate any help. It will still be a couple weeks before my tanks have cycled so I am still in the planning stages.
fish_4_all

Re: Getting ready, what food?

Postby KrispyKreme » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:20 pm

KrispyKreme

Postby fish_4_all » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:18 pm

Anymore information? My tanks are just about cycled and I am about to order my food.
fish_4_all

Postby KrispyKreme » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:38 pm

KrispyKreme

Postby fish_4_all » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:44 pm

Sure have, a couple times. Gave me lots of ideas. Just looking for more new ones.

Anyone every feed them really small mealworms? I was thinking of getting some confused flour beetles and trying them as my swords and neon tetras used to love them. The smallest are only 1/2 inch long at most, many much smaller.

How about wingless or flightless fruit flies?
fish_4_all

Postby katkin » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:56 am

Whatever small live foods you can get hold of is worth a try. You'll have to let us know how you get on. Just from observing my own wild fish, they don't tend to pick food from the surface of the water. They will usually wait for it to start sinking.
The tank bred are happier to swim to the surface for food.
K
katkin

Return to Feeding