[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Food

Food

Discussions about food, diet and nutrition for this fish.

Food

Postby mummymonkey » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:29 am

I feed mine on newly hatched brine shrimp and grindal worms. The fry feed on the small organisms they find in the tank and moss. I feed them on microworm when they are free swimming. The fry will take brine shrimp after about a week.
mummymonkey

Postby celestialdude » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:00 pm

This is what I feed mine:

1. Azoo 9-in-1 Guppy Pellet "for guppy and livebearer; plus immunity"
Ingredients: white fish meal, corn meal, flour, soy bean meal, spirulina, cod liver oil, squid meal, krill meal, mysid, yeast powder, carotenoid, lecithin, glucan, PSB, multi-vitamins, calcium phosphate, sodium chloride, choline.

2. Dried artemia shrimp.

They seem happy with the food. When first introduced into the tank they didn't eat much in the first 2 days, but now they look forward to mealtime. Their colors also have improved a lot since they started living in my tank. Photos coming soon...
celestialdude

Postby xfile80303 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:58 pm

Hi all,

I've been feeding mine frozen daphnia and crushed flake food and they seem to be doing well (good color, active, etc.), but I have yet to see any breeding signs (no eggs or fry). This could be due to a predator in the tank however (we had damselfly larvae in there (!)) which we have recently removed, so I've my fingers crossed that we will start to get some eggs.

Cheers,

Levi
xfile80303

Postby celestialdude » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:19 pm

Levi,

Hope you get some eggs! Maybe lots of plants will help too, to "hide" everything.
celestialdude

Postby xfile80303 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:56 pm

:) Thanks! I've a pretty good sized blob of Java Moss in there, and a nice piece of African root, but I'm sure you're right... we could use more cover for the little guys. ;)
xfile80303

Postby Eklikewhoa » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:17 am

Eklikewhoa

Postby celestialdude » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:15 pm

celestialdude

Postby chr15_8 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:49 pm

chr15_8

Postby xfile80303 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:53 pm

Actually, I forgot to mention that we put in live baby brine shrimp from time to time too.

Levi
xfile80303

Postby Dusko » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:10 pm

Hi to all :)
Nice forum BTW.
I keep approx 10 in a 10 gallon heavily planted aquarium with very soft water. I feed mine with Aquatic Nature Small crumbs and they readily take it.
No fry yet.

Kind regards, Dusko.
Dusko

Postby tan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:19 pm

mine get flakes and baby brine shrimp and daphnia. tried various frozen foods, but they didnt touch them....fussy fish i have!! :roll:
have an established cycled 15 US gal /60Litre tank with 14 galaxies and at least 7 galaxy fry among other tanks and fish and fry!
tan

Postby zzyzx » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:47 am

Mine -are- taking frozen foods, in particular cyclops and baby brine shrimp.
zzyzx

Postby lansen » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:10 am

For the moment i only feed mine with flakefood.
lansen

Postby katkin » Tue May 01, 2007 4:15 pm

katkin

Postby atlantis_child » Mon May 07, 2007 8:09 pm

atlantis_child

Next

Return to Feeding