[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Daphnia

Daphnia

Discussions about food, diet and nutrition for this fish.

Daphnia

Postby BlueNZ » Sat May 05, 2007 8:32 am

Mine feed on exclusively daphnia and random mozzie larvae and bloodworms collected from my cultures. They have bred continuously for the last 3 months and I have a nice range of fish in the tank ranging from week old to 11 week old juveniles that are 3/4 grown and have already developed adult colouration. The live daphnia definitely do the trick!

I should mention that I don't sort the daphnia in any way. I use a fine net and scoop a little or a lot (depending on status of culture) and give it a rinse under running tap water, then drop it into the tank. Galaxies go nuts and are in excellent condition.

Another way I recommend is to feed BBS with the Brine Shrimp Corrals. Sadly, my Celestial Pearls tank doesn't allow me to remove the unit for cleaning, but if I could I would!
BlueNZ

Postby atlantis_child » Mon May 07, 2007 7:58 pm

atlantis_child

Postby L777 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:27 pm

atlantis_child,
there are a bunch of listings on the auction site Aquabid for live food cultures at: http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/ ... .cgi?foodl. The site is worldwide, but I see some of the live auctions show free S/H to U.S. and Canada.
Dean
9 adult (F0) CPDs; over 125 fry
L777

Postby L168 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:29 am

L168

Return to Feeding