[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Please Detail What You Feed Your CPD's Here!

Please Detail What You Feed Your CPD's Here!

Discussions about food, diet and nutrition for this fish.

Please Detail What You Feed Your CPD's Here!

Postby Jimbo » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:05 am

Jimbo

Postby MacedonianLion » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:40 am

Here is what i uze for the big ones:
live baby brine shrimp
and all off those foods under this in a "spice mill":
Tropical - Vitality & Color - flake food
Tropical - Discus Gran - granulat
Tropical - VegeTabin B - tabs, krushed
JBL - Grana - mini granulat
JBL - Novo Tab - tabs, krushed

And for the fry:
Hobby - Protogen - live infusoria
Interpet - Liquifry 1
Sera - Micron
live baby brine shrimp
MacedonianLion

Postby katkin » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:57 am

The adults get freshly hatched baby brine shrimp, Hikari micro wafers, frozen daphnia, all of which I rotate from day to day.

The fry are fed on Liquifry #1 to start with, microworms and bbs. fry are fed 3-4 times a day.
K
katkin

Postby symmo » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:16 am

symmo

Postby chr15_8 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:54 am

Last edited by chr15_8 on Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chr15_8

Postby atlantis_child » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:35 pm

My Corys: 3 Green Gold, 1 Bronze, 2 Albino, 1 Melanitius, 2 Metae, 1 Elegans, 1 Panda, 2 Peppered)
wow, 13...it's been a while since I counted them up... (And yes, they all have names ;) )
atlantis_child

Postby L777 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:57 pm

Adults (just got fry from these guys after about 3 months):
- Daily microworms ("walter worms")
- Hikari micropellets
- and whatever they forage off the java moss that fills the tank

Fry (mind you they've only been free swimming for 3 days, but they are pretty much round swimming bellies with eyes and a tail):
- O.S.I. brand "Micro-Food" -- a powdered infusoria substitute
- and I assume all the infusoria I can't see that grow from the moss and Micro-Food.

I am planning to add liquifry #1 when my lfs order gets in. Also considering live BBS for variety.

If anybody wants to know about raising microworms, let me know. They're really simple, and the CPDs go nuts over them.
Dean
9 adult (F0) CPDs; over 125 fry
L777

Postby atlantis_child » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:05 pm

Hikari Micro Wafers

Sometimes baby brine shrimp, but too much hassle for more than about once a week. My parents don't like the stink, and the filter is loud because there's so little water in the thing, and it drops from higher than the tanks.

I wonder though...can they even see those itsy, bitsy things? :roll:

- Atlantis
My Corys: 3 Green Gold, 1 Bronze, 2 Albino, 1 Melanitius, 2 Metae, 1 Elegans, 1 Panda, 2 Peppered)
wow, 13...it's been a while since I counted them up... (And yes, they all have names ;) )
atlantis_child

Postby Jimbo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:31 am

Jimbo

Postby steveh28 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:57 pm

i am feeding mine new life spectrum small fish formula. they are doing well on that, usually 5-6 days a week. occasionally i put some frozen cyclops-eez in for them and they go crazy over that. i have not had a spawn yet, and have either 4m - 2f, or 3m-3f, not sure about one of them.
steveh28

Postby L777 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:28 pm

Another food item: my shoal of F1s are in a bushynose pleco breeding tank. When I add pelletized tiny sticks of brine shrimp, papa bushynose comes out and starts working on them. As he does (he kinda gets into it), a cloud of brine shrimp pellet particles and "dust" float up into the water -- the young CPDs swarm the water right above the pleco and dart around snapping up all the bits. Good natural source of red for their fins, too (although they attack live BBS and microworms with just as much fervor)! Reminds me -- time to change the microworm culture...
Dean
9 adult (F0) CPDs; over 125 fry
L777

Postby lisa.perry75 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:19 pm

I've tried to feed my cpds crushed flake, live daphnia and tubifex but they just seem to spit it out/ignore it. Am I doing something wrong?

I've had a bit of luck with JMCs high protein granules... Has anyone tried the frozen bbs? Micro worms are on order...
lisa.perry75

Postby chr15_8 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:50 pm

chr15_8

Postby lisa.perry75 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:13 pm

lisa.perry75

Postby altaaffe » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:27 pm

I fed my wild specimens primarily on daphnia & whiteworms although they also took a little Tetrapro veg. All the fry were raised in home made infusoria followed by Hikari first bites, tetra baby & then crushed Tetrapro colour. All the raised fry are now happy to live of flake.

Following the addition of the first set of adults to the wild specimens, the wild fish have started to 'copy' the younger fish and have taken flake, however, they are always first there when live food is given.
altaaffe

Next

Return to Feeding