[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Foods?

Foods?

Discussions about food, diet and nutrition for this fish.

Foods?

Postby QQQUUUUAADDD » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Hey guys, I 've had experience in keeping fish and I 'm a member on another forum, Fishlore. Danioins.com or I think BallAquatics reccomended this site. I think it's great!

Sooo, about the food. I have algae wafers, New Life Specturm Thera A Small, shrimp pellets, golden pearls, and frozen bloodworms. Is this good?

I tried the algae wafers and shrimp pellets but the CPDs didn't even touch it at all.

Also I can't culture live food. Maybe in the summer but for now I can't.

So, do you guys know how to get them to eat?
QQQUUUUAADDD

Re: Foods?

Postby BallAquatics » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi QQQUUUUAADDD, welcome to the forum!

If the fish you have are wild imported fish, you may need live foods to get them started. Each time I purchased wild fish this was the case for me.

When I sell CPD's, I include a small packet of Golden Pearls just to get the buyers off to a good start. It was my experience, that many new CPD owners were trying to feed flake and other foods that stay on top of the water without much luck. I've seen CPD's eat at the surface, but only when in with other fish. In a species tank they tend to stay near the bottom and wait for food to come down to them.

Dennis
BallAquatics
Site Admin

Postby QQQUUUUAADDD » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Ok. I ordered golden pearls 200 - 300 microns from Kensfish yesterday. I hope they arrive soon.

Can I feed the golden pearls as a staple if I don't have live food?

Also, in the summer I will have BBS, daphnia, banana and walter worms.
QQQUUUUAADDD

Postby BallAquatics » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:37 pm

The Golden Pearls is a very hi quality food. I don't see any problem using it as the main diet. I would still offer a bit of shrimp sticks and algae wafer on occasion. I think once they become accustom to them they will take to them also. Here's a video I shot of some fry going for a shrimp stick.....

Dennis
BallAquatics
Site Admin

Return to Feeding