[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - baby brine shrimp

baby brine shrimp

Discussions about food, diet and nutrition for this fish.

baby brine shrimp

Postby ollie » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi Dennis

Happy 2012 to you and your family :)

So for xmas my other half brought me a "brine shrimp hatchery kit"
so ive read the instructions however, am i correct in thinking the brine shrimp are only good for 24 hours?
also, how many of these little critters should i feed to my 5 adults CPD?

im thinking about hatching them and then putting them in freshwater (to wash off salt) before putting them in an ice cube try and freezing, as im guessing a spoonfull of eggs will hatch to many for my small number of fish?

any advise would be massively welcomed

Ollie
ollie

Re: baby brine shrimp

Postby BallAquatics » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi Ollie,

I hatch a gram of brine shrimp eggs daily. That's around 225,000 baby brine shrimp. With that number of baby brine shrimp, I can feed several hundred fry and adult CPD's.

I get my eggs and hatching supplies from Brine Shrimp Direct. They have lots of good information on their WEB site...

A very Happy 2012 to you and your family as well! :D

Dennis
BallAquatics
Site Admin

Return to Feeding