[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Eating White Worms

Eating White Worms

Discussions about food, diet and nutrition for this fish.

Eating White Worms

Postby AquaGirl » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Someone told me that white worms were way too large for CPD to eat.

I have many cultures of white worms and feed them to my other fish. The other night I took two white worms and dropped them into the CPD tank. To my surprise they ate them in less than a second and were searching the tank for more. Their mouths are not as small as I thought they were. :lol:

I am now adding white worms to their tank a few times a week and they go crazy for them. I am wondering what other type of live food they will eat. I already know that they will eat Micro worms and BBS.

Is anyone feeding things like wingless fruit flies? Any other type of live food?
AquaGirl

Postby Carmon in NM » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:05 am

My CPDs and goldrings both go crazy for daphnia. It's fun to watch them hunting through the plants for those little buggers! I think things that move around are especially entertaining for them.
It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters. ~ Epictetus ~
Carmon in NM

Postby AquaGirl » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:03 pm

I believe that feeding fish live food is essential for their well being, IMHO. They would be eating live food in the wild, not flake. I do realize that not everyone has live food available or wants to feed live food.

In the summer I put buckets of water with dead leaves outside. I harvest tons of mosquito larvae for my fish. Only problem is that you have to be diligent about collecting every day or risk making the neighbors mad because you are hatching mosquito's. :)

I agree with you, they are entertaining to watch when they hunt down live food. :) They hunt down every one and never seem to miss any.

I have one friend that goes to stagnant water and harvests daphnia and glass worms. He will often find stagnant water and seed it with daphnia for collection. He is know all over our state as "the bug collector." :lol: He makes a fortune by selling the live food to club members.
AquaGirl

Postby BallAquatics » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:43 pm

BallAquatics
Site Admin

Postby AquaGirl » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:57 am

AquaGirl

Postby BallAquatics » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:23 pm

BallAquatics
Site Admin

Postby AquaGirl » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:10 pm

AquaGirl

Postby MoeBetta » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:05 am