[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Bronze Coydoras & CPD's

Bronze Coydoras & CPD's

Discussions about ideal tank conditions for this fish: temperature, water, tankmates, lighting, aquarium plants, etc.

Bronze Coydoras & CPD's

Postby ferreter » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:13 pm

Nancy Astor: “Sir, if you were my husband, I would give you poison.”
Churchill: “If I were your husband I would take it.”
ferreter

Postby Tom2006 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:32 pm

Tom2006

Postby BallAquatics » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:38 pm

BallAquatics
Site Admin

Postby ferreter » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:47 pm

ferreter

Postby Tom2006 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Tom2006

Postby ferreter » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Well I lost 2 so I still have 8 CPD's/zebra's (think only 2 zebra), the spikes are settling since I added a 2nd filter my ammonia is trace and nitrIte is less than 0.25mg/l with a 10% change everyday so I'm still giving myself a daily kick in the shin so that I may learn.
The Danio's are very outgoing & cory's are laying eggs all over the place so maybe they like really poor water??? :wink:
ferreter

Postby Tom2006 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:33 pm

CPDS are quite sensitive fish. They like stable mature water, no spikes. Now everything has settled I'm sure they will be breeding in no time!
Tom2006

Postby ferreter » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:39 am

BREEDING?? Just trying to keep them alive for the mo', I added an extra filter to speed things up so now there's a Fluval 2+ and a sicce shark both turning over 400lph. The plants are growing wild & this mornings test revealed 0 ammonia, 0-possible trace of nitrIte and nitrAte was 0-5ppm.

I'll give it a few more days then I'll start clipping away some plants but for the minute they're helping me out too much to worry about the aesthetics of the tank :) :)
ferreter

Postby Tom2006 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:39 am

you'll be surprised. Once settled they soon get on with spawning...and then eating all the eggs and fry! :lol:
Tom2006

Postby m.clausen » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:03 am

m.clausen

Postby Tom2006 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:26 am

Tom2006

Postby RescuePenguin » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Ferreter, try reducing the water changes. I also breed corys and noticed that frequent water changes cause spikes. I would do the changes every 2-3 days. That will give the bacteria in the filters a chance to multiply faster. I too like to use 2-3 filters in my tanks, but I use home made sponge filters unless there is a reason to use another type.

M. clausen - It may sound strange but have a look at their natural habitat. Their food sources come and go, if they eat their own eggs and fry it gives the parents a food source for the times when they don't have any. In the wild enough fry grow up to keep the species going, it seams like a workable system to me.
Steve
RescuePenguin

Return to Habitat