[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - water flow question...

water flow question...

Discussions about ideal tank conditions for this fish: temperature, water, tankmates, lighting, aquarium plants, etc.

water flow question...

Postby Steeler07 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:39 pm

Hey all!! I'm new to CPD's, actually getting 12 tomorrow, and have a question about the flow from the filter. I have a 24 g nano cube and it has a strong flow from the filter. I might be able to slow it down some, but will this affect these guys? I already have 5ea. Harlequin Rasboras in there now and they dont seem to mind the flow. Thank you!!
Steeler07

Re: water flow question...

Postby BallAquatics » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:12 am

Welcome to the forum Steeler07! CPD's come from shallow, still water ponds. They don't really like lots of water flow like the danios that come from river or stream environments.

Best of luck with your new CPD's!

Dennis
BallAquatics
Site Admin

Postby Steeler07 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:06 pm

Thanks!! Last night I pointed the flow upand it has changed the movement on the lower section. I'll also stuff some filler on the export tube to slow things down a little. I'll post some pics after these guys get settled in!!! :D
Steeler07

Postby shift » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:35 pm

I'm semi worried about the same thing. I will have a FX5 on the new tank which has a pretty decent flow rate..
shift

Postby Angelcasta77 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:58 am

I just installed an Eheim 2211 canister to my 10 gallon and they are immediately showing much more activity. I think there's a little bit too much strong current so I'm going to move some stuff around... either the filter in/out or just move my tall plants below the outflow because it looks like there's not a whole lot of current there.
Angelcasta77

Postby shift » Tue May 14, 2013 2:01 am

I turned my FX5 down and added a small power head on the oposite side to keep a nice circular flow in the tank.. The little guys seem to play in the flow so i think they are good to go!
shift

Return to Habitat