[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - First Tank

First Tank

Discussions about ideal tank conditions for this fish: temperature, water, tankmates, lighting, aquarium plants, etc.

First Tank

Postby gills&fins » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:29 am

This is my first aquarium

I recently purchased a Fluval Edge 6 gallon tank. I lightly planted the tank and I have a piece of Mopani wood in the center of the back. I have not added any extra lighting.

After a week with no fish I bought 3 CDP's, 1 red crystal shrimp and 1 other small shrimp that died :cry: .

Do you think I should add more CDP's because they are schooling fish?

Also, I was thinking of adding 2 fish between 1-2 inches to the tank. Any suggestions? I like fish that are interesting looking and to watch.

Any tips regarding my tank are very appreciated!

Thank you!
gills&fins

Postby Tom2006 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:50 pm

The problem you will have initially is that CPDs and shrimp need a mature stable tank, and a new tank is anything but that. I would make sure its mature first before adding anything else. But yes the CPDs would be much happier in a larger group, you would be fine (in a mature tank) with 6-8 fish. Shrimp also like to be in groups. Cherry shrimp are one of the easiest.

I wouldn't add any other larger fish just yet and certainly nothing over an inch, as it would be too large for such a small tank and would probably stree the CPDs
Tom2006

Postby gills&fins » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:06 pm

gills&fins

Postby Tom2006 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:50 am

Tom2006

Postby snail » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:24 pm

snail

Return to Habitat