[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - my planted tank Journal

my planted tank Journal

Discuss your favorite water plants, and how to best grow them, here!

my planted tank Journal

Postby chr15_8 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:50 pm

chr15_8

Postby ste12000 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:20 pm

Please sir i have a question!!! :wink:

When are you going to use that new camera and post some good pics of your planted tank????

Sounds good..... 8)
ste12000

Postby chr15_8 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:08 pm

eerrr when i get some plants i surpose :D

ive been busy recently and i still need to order my plants.

i only filled the tank up abot 2 weeks ago and have started transferring them back (going to be hard to plant and dont want to keep moving the fish in and out/stressing them

chris
chr15_8

Postby ste12000 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:27 pm

Sorry i got it mixed up i thought you had already set the tank up, Make sure you post some pics when your all done. Have you used Greenline before?? I have and was very very impressed with the service and plants.
Can you explain the substrate please.. everyone on here already knows im boring lol :roll: I used to keep plants with laterite and co2 but i am far from an expert and any advice is good advice..Cheers mate.
ste12000

Postby chr15_8 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:45 pm

nope i havent used greenline but i will be this time (only becasue EA have stopped selling plants :cry: )

my subtrate in this tank is screwed up to be honest due to being sold wrong products. (mainly lfs) :roll:

any way i was sold a product which 'is very good for a planted tank under normal stones/sand so i bought it and relised after i put it in it was normal amnky looking gravel.

so i bought another type of substrate (tetraplant) wasvery happy with it except the lfs(a different one may i add) only had one box/tub. so i bought the pure Laterite aswell. i wenrt very happy with the coverage of the pure laterite. so i decided i would order up the 'proper' tropica substate.

i have used this before and was amazing only reason i didnt use it first time was because i wanted to set it up that day and the only place i can get it from is mail order!

not very interesting and more than likely boring lol

substrate in plated tanks are normally nutritious for the plants root systems.

as i said tropica is probably the best you can get

chris
chr15_8

Postby chr15_8 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:28 pm

this is probably not happening now!

not really missed the planted bit tbh (its only holding the fish with no plants) so i think ive lost interest in it.

however i do have another plan for the tank which i wont be revealing untill alot closer to the time. by the way it will include alot of aquascaping :D

chris
chr15_8

Return to Aquatic Plants Discussion