[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Past due dates...

Past due dates...

Discuss breeding topics on your (other) favorite fishes here.

Past due dates...

Postby atlantis_child » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:38 am

Mother dwarf sunset platy that only gave birth to 3, (but is still huge) and other girl that looks pregnant are past their due dates.

There something wrong? Anything I should do? They're in their own section of the tank, away from the males.

I know the one mother looked pregnant when I got her and it's been 22 days since...

- Atlantis
My Corys: 3 Green Gold, 1 Bronze, 2 Albino, 1 Melanitius, 2 Metae, 1 Elegans, 1 Panda, 2 Peppered)
wow, 13...it's been a while since I counted them up... (And yes, they all have names ;) )
atlantis_child

Postby Crazedpuffer » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:09 pm

She could just be fat. They will hold back fry for up to 2 weeks I believe so its nothing to worry about.
Crazedpuffer

Postby atlantis_child » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:49 pm

My Corys: 3 Green Gold, 1 Bronze, 2 Albino, 1 Melanitius, 2 Metae, 1 Elegans, 1 Panda, 2 Peppered)
wow, 13...it's been a while since I counted them up... (And yes, they all have names ;) )
atlantis_child

Postby maximumbob » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:59 am

one of my livebearers got stuck when having fry. She was a bit constipated.. a few shelled peas later and she was fine!

Another thing to bear in mind :-)
maximumbob

Postby shepherd_690 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:16 pm

shepherd_690

Postby ste12000 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:32 pm

ste12000

Postby atlantis_child » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:51 pm

atlantis_child

Postby atlantis_child » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:29 pm

atlantis_child

Postby ste12000 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:04 pm

ste12000

Postby atlantis_child » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:52 pm

atlantis_child

Postby atlantis_child » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:55 pm

atlantis_child

Postby atlantis_child » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:01 pm

atlantis_child

Postby atlantis_child » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:32 pm

Still no new fry... Anything I can do? Tried the peas. She took a small bite but doesn't like them. Gone now. Assume the catfish liked 'em better. Giving her a bit of algae wafer each day plus regular live-bearer food and/or a blood worm or 2.

Would being around other fish (not platies) help in any way? She seems so lonely and depressed.

- Atlantis
atlantis_child

Postby shepherd_690 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:29 pm

:D I would introduce more females, i have my platies at 1 male to every2 females,i have water lettuce in my tank and the fry hide in the long roots, but any floating plants with roots or that dnt know how to say it but goes under a inch or two in the tank with space for fish to swim between if you get me is a goos idea as most of my platies before i added the water lettuce got eaten unless i caught them
keep us updated :lol:
shepherd_690

Postby atlantis_child » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:44 pm

Well I got another female, so that's 2 femalse for every four males. :)

I had looked at buying another after Summer, but there was only one I kinda considered. Came back and they still hadn't got in new ones. Got the one that wasn't too bad Asked when they got in fish and came back two days after that. Still no new fish. Apparently they get some but not all species every thursday.

Thanks for not telling me dude! :roll:

Anyway. I'll wait a bit then look at getting 1 or two more females. After I call to confirm there's more in of course... Or maybe I'll go phone them now and ask when. Then call after that date to confirm. :x

Oh, since the 2 females are rather pregnant and on their own side of the divider I had two seperate the males. Two in the platy tank, two in the community.

They were being nasty little buggers! Chasing and fin-nipping.

- Atlantis
atlantis_child

Next

Return to Species Breeding