[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Labidochromis Caeruleus

Labidochromis Caeruleus

View and post photos or videos on your favorite (other) fishes!

Labidochromis Caeruleus

Postby chr15_8 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:17 pm

got 6 Labidochromis caeruleus yesturday and took a few pictures

and a quick picture of the tank

chris
chr15_8

Postby L777 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:08 pm

Chris,
you're new yellow labs shine up the tank beautifully!
Good choice!
Dean
9 adult (F0) CPDs; over 125 fry
L777

Postby katkin » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:23 am

Wow, they are beautiful, nice tank too.
K
katkin

Postby celestialdude » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:02 pm

Haha you can tell they just moved in, they've got that wide-eyed look about them...
celestialdude

Postby aquaholic85 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:20 pm

your fish are super stressed right now, apply adequate salt if you havn't already and go easey with full lights right away, on/off gonna freak them out being so bright.
the barring shows their stress or horrible bloodline, hopefully stress. The bar going through the eye is mostly stress and found, in my experience: the ones with bars ended being males, but the may not be 'fact'.

any way give them a few days to settle in and they should color up. have you decided on any other tank mates? tri and stay way from yellow/orange fish and nothing to aggressive. labs are prob. the least agressive mbuna, so find something who wont bully and out grow them.

jus remember not get to excited and add a bunch fish right away. let the tank work up its bio-load with the labs, and so on with each group of fish you buy.

overstocking a lil bit wit mbuna is good and keeps territorial disputes low, jus always be ready to pull out a bully fish, as that is the only way to protect your investment.. you can call it.. at the end
Ryan
75G Demasoni & Yellow Lab
20G Community: CPDs, Neons, Rasbora Maculatas, Norman Lamp Eye
aquaholic85

Postby chr15_8 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:02 pm

they still have bars on there body but there eyes seemed to have cleard up except one which has a little but not as much as before.

theve been feeding well.
day one - they had some pellets (a bit to big so had to buy some smaller) ones
day two - they had a pea with some pelltets
day three - pea's again (2)
day four - pellets.

im planning on giving them some cucumber when i can get some.
is there any other food they would like aswell?

the ammonia is just above 0ppm (but below 0.25ppm) the other stats have remained the same.

chris
chr15_8

Postby L168 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:24 pm

Hi Chris,

Try spinach, they will like that :D

Mfg peter
L168

Postby L777 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:31 pm

Chris, one thing I've noticed when cycling tanks is that many fish lose their appetite when the nitrite starts to pile up. For whatever reason, my experience with truly virgin tanks (not boosted with bacterial additions from commercial products or stable tanks) is that the nitrite readings take several weeks longer to decline than do the ammonia readings. Sorry if this is all stuff you know, but thought a reminder about loss of appetite might be useful to watch for in conjunction with your water tests.
Dean
9 adult (F0) CPDs; over 125 fry
L777

Postby aquaholic85 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:37 pm

i feel mine exclusive New Life Spectrum, its a lil pricey but its worth it and the jar lasts few months. I feed mine once a day in the afternoon but you can do whatever.. cichlids really do seem to 'sleep'...super groggy..in the a.m. when you turn the lights out...so if you plan on feeding them am be sure give them bout 15 min with lights on b4 you feed them.

you can go crazy feeding your fish frozen peas and veggies or what not..i'm not in too it, i have a life and being chef boyordee for my fish isn't my thing.

how many U.S. gallons is your tank? and dimensions of the tank? i don't know my metric very well..
Ryan
75G Demasoni & Yellow Lab
20G Community: CPDs, Neons, Rasbora Maculatas, Norman Lamp Eye
aquaholic85

Postby chr15_8 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:14 pm

chr15_8

Postby Danio Angyl » Tue May 10, 2011 8:34 pm

Danio Angyl

Return to Species Photo/Video Gallery