[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - my other fish

my other fish

View and post photos or videos on your favorite (other) fishes!

my other fish

Postby glenn » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:40 pm

cor. trilineatus
cor trilineatus and botia sidthimuncki
cor.trilineatus and cor.similis
Hisonotus leucofrenatus
cor.arcuatus
cor.similis and cor.sterbai
L-260
Plecostomus
Tateurndina ocelicauda
Stiphodon atropurpureus
rhinogobius wui(female)cor.melini and achirus achirus

cor.similis.trilineatus.melini and achirus achirus
glenn

Postby celestialdude » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:50 pm

Beauties!!!
celestialdude

Postby ste12000 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:45 am

Stunning photography, what is the rasbora called in the shot with Tateurndina ocelicauda ???? I have a small shoal that i am feeding up ready to breed and cant find a lot of info on the net...Love the Corys.Do they breed??
ste12000

Postby glenn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:13 pm

thanks for your compliments!

It's the Hyphessobrycon amandae:

I'm a Cory lover, may be i'll try someday to breed one of the dwarfcory's(pygmaeus or habrosus)

some other fish:

Heterandria formosa female:

ancistrus male:

aspidoras pauciradiatus:

nannostomus marginatus:

glenn

Postby ste12000 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:37 pm

Well you certainly learn something new everyday, it was sold to me simply as Orange Rasbora, so not only did i not know its scientific name i even got the species wrong :oops: :oops: ...
Right, now i know its a tetra i have found a bit of info on the net, there is'nt much though and apparently not many people have spawned it.
So to redeam myself and win back a bit of cred i will be trying to spawn my Hyphessobrycon amandae...Ill let you know how i get on.. I think numerous people have already asked you but what camera are you using?
Cheers
ste12000

Postby Crazedpuffer » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:19 pm

Those are some awesome fish.
Crazedpuffer

Postby chr15_8 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:51 pm

great pictures again glen.

need to get more corys for my planted tank as there great fish

chris
chr15_8

Postby ste12000 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:31 pm

Chris i have corys...boy oh boy do i have corys http://www.celestialpearldanio.com/viewtopic.php?t=511

Let me know how many you want in a month when their bigger..
ste12000

Postby chr15_8 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:54 pm

i will do. totaly forgot you had all those!

chris
chr15_8

Postby glenn » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:38 am

thank you for the compliments! :D

I discovered some young heterandira formosa's in the rekord 60 tank:

tateurndina ocelicauda:

cory's and male rhinogobius wui in the rio 240 tank:

cor.pygmaeus:

cor.trilineatus,arcuatus and achirus achirus:

L-260:

ancistrus in the rekord 60 tank:

male cpd in the rio 240 tank:

glenn

Postby L777 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:31 pm

Gorgeous fish!! The fin of the L260 hiding behind the 3 corys and the sole in the last picture of your first post would be a great candidate for a "guess the pleco" contest over at plecofanatics.com (we promise we won't play).
Dean
9 adult (F0) CPDs; over 125 fry
L777

Postby celestialdude » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:02 pm

Neatoes! You have some rare-looking cories. Also, I didn't know there was such a thing as a freshwater sole. Rare stuff indeed!!
celestialdude

Postby glenn » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:11 am

Thank you for the nice reactions! :D

ste 12000, i use a Nikon coolpix 2000 compact camera(an oldie...)but i've to take a lot of pictures, most of them aren't good enough(too dark , too light etc. etc.)

my new fish, a little bit shy, L-136a:

pregnand japo:

The Boss: Pleco,

Acrobatics: cor.sterbai,Pleco and cor.trilineatus:

cor.pygmaeus:

L-316:

Stiphodon atropurpureus:
glenn

Postby ste12000 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:56 am

Lovely shots i too take many many pictures before choosing the best couple, i use a Fujifilm Finepix s5700

It can take some stunning shots but i cannot get the super macro feature to work with the flash, normal macro works with the flash but not the true closeup. I usually end up adding extra lighting from above while i take closeups.
Keep up the good work
ste12000

Postby Crazedpuffer » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:42 pm

Those pics are very nice! Nice fish too
Crazedpuffer

Next

Return to Species Photo/Video Gallery