[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Hello guys. I'm new here! :D

Hello guys. I'm new here! :D

If you're new to aquariums, or would like to discuss general aquarium topics, this is it.

Hello guys. I'm new here! :D

Postby NeonFlux » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:30 am

I'll eventually be getting 17 CPD's and a 6 gallon nano cube. Perhaps that is too much CPD for breed? Or should I settle for a 12 gallon nano cube? I would want to breed them.. how should I start off? :wink: thanks!!
NeonFlux

Postby atlantis_child » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:30 pm

Welcome. :)

I'd say the bigger one. More hidey room for eggs to hatch in peace without being all gobbled, and fry to be found and taken out without being gobbled too.

Bigger is almost always better with aquariums.
(And not saying that only because I work at a petstore in the fish room... ;) )

- Atlantis
My Corys: 3 Green Gold, 1 Bronze, 2 Albino, 1 Melanitius, 2 Metae, 1 Elegans, 1 Panda, 2 Peppered)
wow, 13...it's been a while since I counted them up... (And yes, they all have names ;) )
atlantis_child

Postby altaaffe » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:20 pm

Yes, I'd go for the bigger tank as well. As for breeding set it up with plants & hidey holes as Atlantis said. Then keep your 6g for raising the fry as they appear. I have found that after spawning & fry starting to appear if I feed the parents well, they don't go after the fry.
altaaffe

Postby chr15_8 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:43 pm

hi welcome to the site.

i too would go for the bigger one. 5 gallons sounds a little small for 17 cpd.

have fun and good luck breeding. dont forget to get/post ppictures.

chris
chr15_8

Postby NeonFlux » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:09 am

Thanks for all the replies guys!

I'm planning to get a BIGGER tank. A oceanic Bio Cube 14 Gallon. That will definitely work. :). All i ask is if you guys can answer all of my questions below.

1. Will they breed randomly in whatever pH? My pH is 7.6
2. Can I choose when and not to breed them?
3. How many babies if I get many of them to breed?
4. If I have this much CPD's, do you think the adult CPD's that aren't spawning will most likely eat eggs that are coming out of a pair?
5. Can I add a breeder net or lee's 5 way breeder inside the 14g nano cube?Will it work If i trap/isolate the parents/adults in the net so the eggs/frys will be safe?
6. IS 17 CPD'S...JUST WAY TOO MUCH?
7. Have you guys successfully sell them online? If so, what price?
8. Can you actually make good money if doing this?
9. Have you guys successfully shipped with no accidents or deaths?
10. Is this...really worth it?
NeonFlux

Postby chr15_8 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 pm

chr15_8

Postby NeonFlux » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:13 pm

NeonFlux

Postby altaaffe » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:03 pm

altaaffe

Postby NeonFlux » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:24 pm

NeonFlux

Postby ferreter » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:30 pm

ferreter