[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - water changes

water changes

If you're new to aquariums, or would like to discuss general aquarium topics, this is it.

water changes

Postby cosmiccow » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:03 am

I noticed something yesterday after I performed my weekly water change. I tested for ammonia after the water change (50%) and it showed a small amount of ammonia. I changed the water in all four of my tanks and they all showed ammonia. By this morning the tanks measure zero ammonia.
Is this a natural occurance? Everything is healthy and looking great. No stress to the fish either. I wonder if it is a false reading?
Any thoughts?
cosmiccow

Postby chr15_8 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:05 pm

have you tested your tap water yet?

might have some ammonia in it? if so keep the water changes down to about 25% unless its heavy stocked or a planted tank using high dosings of ferts :D

chris
chr15_8

Postby atlantis_child » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:33 pm

Turned to Nitrate? I was testing water at work, and a few had no ammonia, but terrible amounts of nitrate and nitrite.

A bunch of the ones in the store were randomly like that, and one lady whose water she'd brought in was like that too. She'd added two fish on monday, and wanted another. Very little ammonia, but the nitrate and nitrite were off the charts. Surpised the fish were still alive. Recomended a half tank water change. It was that bad...

- Atlantis
My Corys: 3 Green Gold, 1 Bronze, 2 Albino, 1 Melanitius, 2 Metae, 1 Elegans, 1 Panda, 2 Peppered)
wow, 13...it's been a while since I counted them up... (And yes, they all have names ;) )
atlantis_child

Postby L777 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:36 am

Dean
9 adult (F0) CPDs; over 125 fry
L777

Return to General Aquaria