[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Transporting an aquarium (fish and all)

Transporting an aquarium (fish and all)

If you're new to aquariums, or would like to discuss general aquarium topics, this is it.

Transporting an aquarium (fish and all)

Postby Elly » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:53 pm

Elly

Postby Crazedpuffer » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:56 pm

Crazedpuffer

Postby celestialdude » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:48 pm

celestialdude

Postby Elly » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:32 am

Elly

Postby ste12000 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:46 am

ste12000

Postby Crazedpuffer » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:21 am

Crazedpuffer

Postby Elly » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:13 pm

Thanks!! This is all VERY helpful!!!
Elly

Postby ste12000 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:02 pm

No problem..if you need any more advice im sure there are plenty of people on here who will help you... just give us a shout.
ste12000

Postby Jimbo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:37 am

Hey. I need to do this in a few months as we are moving house. I've got 3 tanks to move! I suggest trying to find some 25 litre (or liter to you americans :lol: ) buckets with lids. My lfs said try a home brew shop but I couldn't find one locally so bought 2 off ebay. 1 was sold as a live bait bucket for sea fishing and has a battery powered air pump with it which attaches to the side. I'd suggest maybe investing in one of these as they come in very handy, the air pump especially for power cuts etc. You can then keep the fish in one, with the air pump and then more water and ornaments etc in the other. How big is your tank by the way? Try and save as much water as you can as you already mentioned the new water at the college may have different parameters. Also, I read to completely empty the tank, including gravel to avoid strain on the glass joints. Very time consuming and tiring though admittedly, I don't know whether to do this yet. Good luck with the move! :)
Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:39 am

Ahhh, I see your tank sizes now in your signature. :lol:
Jimbo

Postby katkin » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:38 pm

I'm moving soon too (50+ fish in 4 different tanks) and was planning to get some polystyrene boxes, and fish bags from the lfs. although, I've just found out that I'll be without my tanks for 3 days! I thought it was just going to be overnight. Yikes.

Jimbo, where did you get the sea bait bucket thing?? I think I might have to invest in one and see if I can rig up a small heater to run off the car lighter. I already have a couple of brewing buckets, thanks to my other half liking home brewed beer at christmas!

Good luck
K
katkin

Postby Jimbo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:04 am

Jimbo

Postby erijnal » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:00 pm

erijnal

Return to General Aquaria