Female or Male behaviour

Discussions on temperament, schooling, territoriality, and other behavior.

Female or Male behaviour

Postby bansart » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:22 am

Hello everyone, I have 6 cpds. 5 are female and 1 is male that chases all the female. Lately I have been noticing the females circling each other like how the male would circle a female. Have you guys noticed this behaviour from your females? is this some sort of teritorial dance? Thanks for any input
bansart

Postby cpd-scotland » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:46 pm

Hi

I have 10 CPDs, uncertain of exact numbers but Im guessing I have 4 males and 6 females (they're so fast I can't keep count)

But I see this behaviour all the time. They all constantly chase each other, and I have seen them do the circle thing you noticed, but I've seen males do it to males and females and females do it to other females too!

I don't know if it's a territory thing, but no one is harmed so it's really just cute:D
cpd-scotland

Postby RoughCutDiamond » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:22 am

I've been noticing this behaviour too amongst same sex CPDs I just put it down to being a homosexual CPD mating dance :lol:
RoughCutDiamond

Postby altaaffe » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:07 am

I have a belief that these little fish can behave a little like dwarf cichlids at times & like to set up their own territories for spawning, trying to lure the female to the best spots in the tank.

When I put some Blyxa into the tank a few weeks back the males started vying for it instantly.
altaaffe

Return to Behavior