[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Galaxies and white clouds - behavior

Galaxies and white clouds - behavior

Discussions on temperament, schooling, territoriality, and other behavior.

Galaxies and white clouds - behavior

Postby atlantis_child » Sun May 06, 2007 8:29 pm

Well I had 3 white clouds before I got my galaxies (2 male, 3 female) and right away when I added the galaxies to my 10 gallon they starting to school together, the white clouds seeming to be more in charge. The galaxies more following. They were few quarels between the males. The white clouds and galaxies seemed to think they were the same species or something. There was even some interspecies "flirting" activities, which I found strange, although I guess they do look sort of similar. Both got similar shape with red/orange on their tails and top fin.

The group was never shy, went wherever they pleased.

Anyway, I got the idea to try a breeding attempt with the galaxies. I put them in my 5 gallon with most of my plants, some gravel, rocks, a small filter and a heater (set at 23*C).

At first they seemed fine. Stayed together, but not too closely, and there was some male on male and male on female chasing.

This morning, however, they were all hiding and still. I don't know why.

In the afternoon I added more plants and rocks, thinking they didn't feel secure enough or something, but no change. I also added some big lettice leaves to float on top of the water, giving some shadeing from the light.

Then, later in the day they had still not come out and I was getting worried about them. I decided to put the white clouds in with the galaxies.

The white clouds were stressed at first, but quickly regained their color and began investigating the tank. Then, one by one the galaxies came out of their hidey holes and joined the group.

Now they are all out, and seem well enough.

Anyway, that's my story of galaxy behavior.

Any advice on what to do from here would be appreciated
Please post comments and theories and such too.

Thanks for reading.
atlantis_child

Postby celestialdude » Mon May 07, 2007 1:17 am

It would be interesting if your White Cloud Mountain Minnows started breeding successfully with the Celestial Pearl Danios. Then we could really start the "Varieties" thread.

They do look *somewhat* similar. Check out this photo of the White Cloud Mountain Minnow:

Just kidding. I don't think it's possible... but it would be interesting if it happened!
celestialdude

Postby atlantis_child » Tue May 08, 2007 2:01 pm

atlantis_child

Postby atlantis_child » Wed May 09, 2007 11:47 am

atlantis_child

Return to Behavior