[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - mixing new cpd with frys

mixing new cpd with frys

Discussions on temperament, schooling, territoriality, and other behavior.

mixing new cpd with frys

Postby White_Fin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:16 am

Hi to all! I have an aquarium with 20 cpd frys and 4 adults, yesterday I bought 4 new cpd adults, what do you think about mixing the new ones with the old ones? will they eat the old ones frys? thanks
p.s- sorry for my english... :oops:
White_Fin

Postby glenn » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:42 pm

i think it depends how large your fry is, the 4 adults aren't chasing them?
glenn

Postby White_Fin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:13 pm

it´s a breeding tank... have frys with one day old... no, they don´t show any interest in frys... adults only chase adults...
White_Fin

Postby glenn » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:01 pm

than you've luck that the parents didn't eat them, i saw after 2 days that one parent was chasing and eating fry! so i wouldn't gamble on it to put new cpd's with one day old fry...the fry will be recognized as food.
glenn

Postby White_Fin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:49 pm

wow really? its quite strange to me that behavior... well it seems that i´m gonna need another aquarium ... :lol:
White_Fin

Postby glenn » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:05 pm

the first day the parents in my breeding tank left the fry alone, so i also thought:"well that's nice! they aren't eating there youngs!", but a day later the fry were chased and eaten up!
But there are more cpd keepers with the parents and fry together and they live happy together, so you can keep them together but i wouldn''t count on it that it will stay that way...
glenn

Postby White_Fin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:12 pm

but you really had saw the parents eat the frys or they were only chasing them?
White_Fin

Postby glenn » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:27 pm

i tell you: the first thing in the morning when i put on the light i saw a parent chasing a fry and eating it up! i was worried , i wanted to save the fry of being eaten up by the parents so i catched the parents and placed them back in the aqua-40 tank with the other adult cpd's. then i was searching for fry, and i was glad that i found that day 9 fry's and the day's after i found eggs and more hatched fry.
glenn

Postby atlantis_child » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:38 pm

If you don't want or have a seperate tank to put fry in you can use a fish net breeder to keep the little ones in.

They're not too expensive at all.
My Corys: 3 Green Gold, 1 Bronze, 2 Albino, 1 Melanitius, 2 Metae, 1 Elegans, 1 Panda, 2 Peppered)
wow, 13...it's been a while since I counted them up... (And yes, they all have names ;) )
atlantis_child

Postby White_Fin » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:15 pm

I have one fish net breeder, but they can pass through... :lol: i'll put them in a new aquarium only for frys...
White_Fin

Postby atlantis_child » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:13 pm

My Corys: 3 Green Gold, 1 Bronze, 2 Albino, 1 Melanitius, 2 Metae, 1 Elegans, 1 Panda, 2 Peppered)
wow, 13...it's been a while since I counted them up... (And yes, they all have names ;) )
atlantis_child

Postby glenn » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:10 am

glenn

Postby atlantis_child » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:13 am

atlantis_child

Postby glenn » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:16 am

glenn

Postby atlantis_child » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:06 am

atlantis_child

Next

Return to Behavior