[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Nervous behavior

Nervous behavior

Discussions on temperament, schooling, territoriality, and other behavior.

Nervous behavior

Postby Dusko » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:18 pm

One thing I find very interesting is that as soon someone comes close to the aquarium they hide, but do react very greedy when you feed them.
They do stick together, they have a very strong shoaling behaviour.
I do have strong lights, maybe that is what makes them nervous?

Regards, Dusko.
Dusko

Postby RadaR » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:36 pm

Mine react exactly the same way mate. I think it is the strong lighting. Mine have 46W over them in a 25litre tank.
RadaR

Postby chr15_8 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:10 pm

when i first good mine they were really shy (1st/2nd week) but now thett are fine always swimming around but my tanks low light so light might make a difference (30 watt over 14 uk gallons)

chris
chr15_8

Postby tan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:48 pm

mine stay in their shoal all the time.
when the scissor tailed raboras and dwarf neon rainbow fish were in there with them, the scissors stayed at the back of the tank swimming lengths back and forth, so the galaxies were forced to the front. now the scissors have been moved to a diff tank to leave the galaxies to procreate they have decided to huddle in the plants at the back. dont see them much anymore!
they are great community fish though and got on well with the other fish that were in there.
they dont even fight among each other and i have a mixture of males and females.
they seem fairly hardy as i've only had one death and that was cos it got stuck under a stone, i released it as soon as i saw it (no idea how long he was stuck for though :cry: ), then next day it vanished. also had an ammonia spike and they seemed unharmed by it.
tan :)
have an established cycled 15 US gal /60Litre tank with 14 galaxies and at least 7 galaxy fry among other tanks and fish and fry!
tan

Postby zzyzx » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:37 am

Mine stay in a corner in the back of the tank unless:
- they are being fed
- I switch off the air-driven sponge filter

I wonder if they prefer perfectly still water and the filter/bubbles/noise is also putting them off.

Has anyone tried keeping them in a tank without a pump running, or switching the pump off for periods of the day to encourage breeding?
zzyzx

Postby tan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:03 pm

have an established cycled 15 US gal /60Litre tank with 14 galaxies and at least 7 galaxy fry among other tanks and fish and fry!
tan

Postby mummymonkey » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:39 pm

mummymonkey

Postby zzyzx » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:31 am

zzyzx

Postby tan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:02 pm

tan

Postby mattw88 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:15 pm

11 CPD in 80litre tank

9 cardinals, 12 Harlequins, 1 Golden nugget in 125litre tank
mattw88

Return to Behavior