[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum • View topic - Looking for domestic-bred Galaxys in Alberta, Canada

Looking for domestic-bred Galaxys in Alberta, Canada

For Sale, Wanted or Barter... this is the marketplace!

Looking for domestic-bred Galaxys in Alberta, Canada

Postby atlantis_child » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:28 am

Since the death of my beauties I am determined more than ever to help galaxies make a comeback and stop importation and the destruction of their haibitat.

Anyone know anyone in central Alberta with domestic breds?

- Atlantis
My Corys: 3 Green Gold, 1 Bronze, 2 Albino, 1 Melanitius, 2 Metae, 1 Elegans, 1 Panda, 2 Peppered)
wow, 13...it's been a while since I counted them up... (And yes, they all have names ;) )
atlantis_child

Postby ste12000 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:03 pm

I must of missed the post..Did all your celestials die??? :cry: :cry:
ste12000

Postby atlantis_child » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:20 pm

Yeah... :(

- Atlantis
My Corys: 3 Green Gold, 1 Bronze, 2 Albino, 1 Melanitius, 2 Metae, 1 Elegans, 1 Panda, 2 Peppered)
wow, 13...it's been a while since I counted them up... (And yes, they all have names ;) )
atlantis_child

Postby L777 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:36 pm

Atlantis,
I'm terribly sorry to hear about your losses.

If you know anyone from your area who will be making a trip as far south and east as Minneapolis, let me know -- I can send a bunch of my captive-breds back with them for you. Not sure about what's involved with the border crossing, though.

Best wishes to you in finding your next CPDs.
Dean
9 adult (F0) CPDs; over 125 fry
L777

Postby ste12000 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:23 pm

Do they have to be captive bred?? I don't think anyone here would mind you having wild caught ones if they become available, after all you are one of the moderators on the best celestial site worldwide, and are concidered an expert by many.
I am sure you will succeed in breeding the next lot you get. Just be patient.
ste12000

Postby atlantis_child » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:41 pm

atlantis_child

Postby ste12000 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:39 pm

Hi Atlantis...have you missed me :wink: :lol: ill be back online soon and joining in again. Hows your new(ish) celestials doing..
ste12000

Postby atlantis_child » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:48 pm

The galaxies are doing well. They seem to like the tank's setup and are very spunky little things, chasing each other around, doing the noral galxy thing. Not timid at all.

I've been feeeding them frozen brineshrimp, frozen glassworms, hikari micro-wafers, and when I have the time, and am not using the little airator I have they get some live baby brine shrimp.

You were away? Sorry, didn't notice... :P

:D

- Atlantis
atlantis_child

Postby Dr. Ashtray » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:59 pm

I am glad to hear you have some Celestials to replace the deceased ones. I have 20 of them right now with a male and too good females in a 30 gallon vintage tank I have set up with a sponge filter and a lots of plants. I will see what happens there. There is a pretty serious breeder in Ottawa that has been successful at breeding them in pretty good numbers. Maybe by next summer I will have a good little supply and could maybe trade some with you to keep the line strong on both ends if you want. We will have to get in contact sometime in may when it isn't too too hot to ship them. The breeder in Ottawa has his tanks at 72 degrees and breeds them like crazy. I am trying them out at 76 degrees to see if there is much of a difference.

Lots of fun!!

Jeffrey...
Dr. Ashtray

Return to Marketplace